[OS X Emacs] Reverting buffer does not read local variables?

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 18:14:23 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com>wrote:

I don't have a clear-cut answer, but I think over the years, the XeTeX  or
> XeLaTeX command (which was a custom addition in Aquamacs, based on user
> requests) was replaced by a TeXing option provided by AUCTeX.   I suspect
> that the TeXing option might or might not be set by TeX-engine, but that
> the command is (now) LaTeX.
>
> Can anyone corroborate this hypothesis?

I confirm that I run XeLaTeX in Aquamacs, using the command "LaTeX".  That
is,

C-c C-c

yields

Command: (default LaTeX)

and I just hit Return.

I include the following file local variables:
%%% TeX-engine: xetex
%%% TeX-PDF-mode: t

-- Nathaniel