[OS X Emacs] AppleScript support?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 13:39:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

Aquamacs is very scriptable, although AppleScript would not be powerful enough.  The syntax is a bit different.

Try this

(insert “Hello World”)

place the cursor at the end of the line, then press C-x C-e.  This executes the last bracketed expression as code, and it will insert this into the current buffer.

Aquamacs comes with the Emacs Reference Manual, which documents scripting.

(Do you have a particular need to talk to Aquamacs via an AppleScript interface?)

- David