[OS X Emacs] AppleScript support?

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:15:44 EDT 2014

Yes, I do need to use a solution other than just lisp. I asked an
AppleScript-specific question because the specific task I have in mind
involves some other applications on Mac that need to be part of the
workflow. For instance, the ability to "drag and drop" an image from a
browser (say Chrome or Safari) to LaTeX code in the emacs buffer (which
results in the insertion of a code block at the insertion point to include
the image). Lisp cannot do that. It takes an OS and app aware script.

So, my original question was posed after dismissing lisp as a potential
solution, and I would appreciate returning to it if you do not mind?