[OS X Emacs] hook for LaTeX mode

Stephen Anderson sra at yale.edu
Tue Mar 25 17:44:35 EDT 2014

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:15:33 -0400 David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> said:

> I cannot find a `LaTeX/PS-mode? in my Aquamacs (if you meant this as an actual mode).  There must be something else going on in your settings.

I can’t find this either.  However, when I open a file with the extension .tex, it opens with this identified as the major mode in the mode-line. Doing ^H-m provides this information

> Enabled minor modes: Aquamacs-Autoface Auto-Composition
> Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption Auto-Fill Bib-Cite Blink-Cursor
> Column-Number Delete-Selection File-Name-Shadow Font-Lock
> Global-Font-Lock Line-Number Menu-Bar Mouse-Wheel Osx-Key Recentf
> Reftex Savehist Show-Paren Smart-Frame-Positioning Tabbar
> Tabbar-Mwheel Tex-Pdf Tex-Source-Correlate Tooltip Transient-Mark
>
> (Information about these minor modes follows the major mode info.)
>
> LaTeX/PS mode defined in `tex-site.el':
> Major mode in AUCTeX for editing LaTeX files.
> See info under AUCTeX for full documentation.

However, there is nothing in tex-site.el about “LaTeX/PS” mode (a search for that string yields no result).  There is also nothing about this that I can find in the AUCTeX documentation.

I can tell that my .emacs file is being read, because a number of other customizations (personal functions and their keybindings, etc.) are being stalled, and LaTeX-mode-hook is being set as I specify there.  However, that hook is not being run, presumably because whatever this mode is, it doesn’t count as “LaTeX-mode”. [I did delete the now-obsolete LaTeX-install-toolbar from the hook, but that doesn’t change anything.]

I have no idea where to look to fix this.

--

Steve Anderson