[OS X Emacs] Synchronizing customizations/preferences/configs between computers

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Tue May 6 17:14:31 EDT 2014

I have started to do this sort of thing with a combination of Dropbox and a git repo, too.
I have a repo directory in my dropbox folder, something like ~/Dropbox/config.
Then as part of setting up a new machine, I get Dropbox going.
Then I have to do a bunch of soft link commands (ln -s …) that I keep a list of in a text file I keep on Dropbox with a bunch of notes like this.
I still find this kind of tedious.
Does anyone have any tips for doing this a different or better way?