[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs v2 vs v3 mark behavior

Daniel Stegmueller d.stegmueller at gmail.com
Thu May 15 15:31:18 EDT 2014

Hi David,

On 15 May 2014, at 17:26, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> On May 12, 2014, at 5:44 PM, Daniel Stegmueller <d.stegmueller at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe because everybody else uses "proper" emacs shortcuts? Unfortunately APPLE-Shift is ingrained in my muscle memory….
>
> Maybe.
>
>>> The code that extends the selection when using shifted movement keys seems complex to me.  Are you familiar with Emacs lisp?  If so, you could take a closer look at diagnosing the problem.  Otherwise - anyone else?
>> Unfortunately not.
>> Can you think of a temporary workaround?
>
> My job is to fix things the right way, if I can help it.
>
> This one I have fixed now :)
> You can either build your own Aquamacs, or download a binary (tomorrow) from http://aquamacs.org/nightlies.shtml .

That was fast, thanks a lot!

> Let me know how that works for you.

I just built Aquamacs and it works partially.

If I open a fresh emacs (no customizations etc) and type a sentence then A-shift-left will not mark that sentence - it just jumps to the beginning. If I manually set the mark (e.g,.by one press of shift-left) then A-shift-left marks that sentence.

Cheers,
Daniel