[OS X Emacs] Mysterious Autosave Link?

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:28:56 EDT 2014

That file is just a way for emacs to check if another emacs process is editing the same file.

Please excuse brevity. Sent from pocket computer with tiny non-haptic feedback keyboard. It encoded the user, host, and maybe process ID.

Emacs does support auto saving. If I kill emacs while something is unsaved, when I reopen the file, I'm warned and prompted to restore latest version. I can get you that config later if you want when at my computer.

  -k.