[OS X Emacs] Enter key for "find next"

Jamie Taylor Jamie.Taylor at pobox.com
Wed Oct 8 13:20:57 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 10:20:47AM -0400, David Reitter wrote:
> I’ve installed a change that will allow users to find the next string when in isearch-mode.  Mac programs generally seem to offer this.
>
> Will this change upset anyone’s workflow?

The current behavior is for [enter] to end the isearch,
leaving the cursor at the current (matched) location, correct?
I routinely use this when defining keyboard macros (as well as
in normal editing).  Is there some other key I should be using
instead?

Or am I misunderstanding the changed behavior?  I notice there
is different behavior when in isearch-mode via ^s and repeatedly
typing ^s to find subsequent matches, and using command-G to also
find subsequent matches.

Jamie