[OS X Emacs] Enter key for "find next"

Jamie Taylor Jamie.Taylor at pobox.com
Wed Oct 8 16:21:02 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 02:19:27PM -0400, David Reitter wrote:
> Could you download the new version and give it a try?  It should be easy to work around the issue, although the change might break your macros.  I’d like to know about this.

I downloaded the nightly, and it indeed works as described.  I rarely define
keyboard macros except in an editing session for use right then in the session,
so I don't have any sitting around that will break.  As another poster pointed out,
C-m will do what [enter] previously did, so it's just a matter of re-training the
muscle memory.

Alternately, since it's just a mode-map entry, maybe the release notes could include
the couple of lines to eval to restore the previous behavior for those of us who want it?

> In principle, the behavior bound to A-g is more “mac-like”.

Don't suppose there's a convenient way to only trigger the new behavior when the
isearch was initiated by A-f (or continued by A-g)?