[OS X Emacs] Word Wrap at 70

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Wed Oct 15 17:36:37 EDT 2014

On Oct 15, 2014, at 1:02 AM, Paul Rankin <hello at paulwrankin.com> wrote:

> Henrik Grotjahn <mail at hoenn.net> writes:
>
>> So, is it possible to have something like "Word Wrap at 70“?
>>
>> (Even cooler it would be, if the text then stood in the middle of the
>> screen, not on the left…)
>
> Check out a little minor mode I made called Olivetti, which does exactly
> this (using visual-line-mode, not hard-wrapping). It's available through
> MELPA or here: https://github.com/rnkn/olivetti
>
> Here is a screenshot of a major mode Fountain Mode using Olivetti:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94472468/fountain-mode/screenshot.png

Very nice!  Thanks for posting.

Is there a way to change the line width within the session, without customizing  olivetti-body-width?

--
Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *    http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu