[OS X Emacs] Word Wrap at 70

Paul Rankin hello at paulwrankin.com
Thu Oct 16 03:00:41 EDT 2014

Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu> writes:

> On Oct 15, 2014, at 1:02 AM, Paul Rankin <hello at paulwrankin.com> wrote:
>
>> Check out a little minor mode I made called Olivetti, which does
>> exactly this (using visual-line-mode, not hard-wrapping). It's
>> available through MELPA or here: https://github.com/rnkn/olivetti
>>
>> Here is a screenshot of a major mode Fountain Mode using Olivetti:
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94472468/fountain-mode/screenshot.png
>
> Very nice!  Thanks for posting.
>
> Is there a way to change the line width within the session, without
> customizing olivetti-body-width?

There is M-: (setq olivetti-body-width N), which has the same effect,
but I guess you mean that you've set `olivetti-body-width' and it
appears to have no effect, in which case you need to trigger
`window-configuration-change-hook' by changing or resizing the window
somehow. Even just switching away to another buffer and back will
trigger this, or you could run
(run-hooks 'window-configuration-change-hook)

Or, if you mean something that gives a +/- increment akin to `C-x }', no
sorry, but good suggestion.

--
Paul W. Rankin
http://www.paulwrankin.com