[OS X Emacs] Antialiasing problems with light text on a dark background (OS/X 10.10)?

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 00:31:02 EDT 2015

Hi,

I've been trying out Emacs installed through Homebrew on OS/X 10.10
(both the standard Gnu version and the Emacs-mac variant).

Using light text on a near black background the text is rendered very
bold and thick.  The same font (Inconsolata opentype) in the same
colors and the same text looks much thinner with Terminal.app and
Sublime Text. I've also discovered this bug report which I think is
still open:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2014-10/msg01082.html

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Are there any work-arounds
I'm missing?

Any advice much appreciated,

Stu