[OS X Emacs] date modified bug?

Arthur Ogus ogus at math.berkeley.edu
Sun Aug 16 00:35:10 EDT 2015

I haven’t prepared a bug report yet, but I just noticed a very strange and disturbing phenomenon.  Emacs 3.2 (and also 3.0a, which I had been using) doesn’t seem to change the modified date of a file when a buffer is saved.  I just verified this again, using C-x-C-s and also the save-buffer menu.  When Skim compiles a file, the .pdf file also doesn’t get its modified date changed.

This is truly terrible, obviously.  Could it somehow be affected by a customization (I have few) or something else in my environment?
I am running Yosemite, latest version.

Thanks.

Arthur Ogus
Professor of Mathematics