[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs IPython shell TAB completion

Haitao Cai hcai at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Dec 8 20:23:34 EST 2015

Hi Win,

      Thank you for your reply! It is true that I am using both emacs and
aquamacs on my macbook.

      I cannot remember how I set up IPython, as it was many months ago.
But it is currently
at /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/ipython

      For Emacs, I copied and pasted IPython to /usr/bin/, and launch
IPython via C-c C-c after the following lines being added to .emacs:

(when (executable-find "ipython")
  (setq python-shell-interpreter "ipython"))

      Unluckily, TAB completion does not work for IPython shell in Emacs,
either.

      As for Aquamacs, I launched IPython shell from the menu from Python
-- Interpreter -- Other.

      The version of Aquamacs is Aquamacs 3.2 GNU Emacs 24.4.51.2. The
IPython is 2.1.0 with Python 2.7.8.

      The instructions in the Emacs Wiki seems to not work for my IPython...

Best,
Haitao