[OS X Emacs] Where should I look for .emacs (mentioned in help for Emacs) ?

Thomas Käufl kaeufl at online.de
Wed Feb 25 15:02:09 EST 2015

Hi,

> Am 25.2.2015 um 16:39 schrieb Christian Hoffmann <christian at echoffmann.ch>:
>
> Maybe stupid question :-(
> But I need to know the file corresponding to  .emacs, emacs.d, etc mentioned in help for Emacs.

the file is „.emacs“ (and invisible when using the
finder). It is in your home directory. „.emacs.d“ is a
directory also in your home directory.

Using Emacs you can visit „.emacs“ and the files in
„.emacs.d“ in the standard way. Enter C-x C-f and
then in the minibuffer the name. With C-x C-w you
can copy „.emacs“ use a name like dot-emacs in order
to get the copy visible in the finder.

Thomas Käufl