[OS X Emacs] Where should I look for .emacs (mentioned in help for Emacs) ?

Peter West lists at pbw.id.au
Wed Feb 25 16:59:36 EST 2015

You can turn on the display of hidden files in Finder with the commands

$ defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
$ killall Finder

Turn them off again with the same couple of commands, changing the TRUE to FALSE.

I've written shell scripts to do just this.

Did you read this in the Aquamacs manual?

"We recommend that user customizations be placed in Preferences.el in the Library folder (see Section 6.2). The usual /.emacsfile is still loaded for compatibility."

Per-user Preferences.el is in "~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs"

Peter West
"...and behold, something greater than Jonah is here."