[OS X Emacs] How to rebind the "recentf" key (C-x C-r)?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:19:00 EST 2015

On Jan 27, 2015, at 12:16 PM, Steven E.Harris <seh at panix.com> wrote:

>> Can you confirm that the above won’t work from Preferences.el?
>
> It does not work as intended.
>
> If I /reevaluate/ the forms in Preferences.el after initialization is
> complete, the binding works, and I suspect that it "works" just as well
> the first time Aquamacs loads Preferences.el; the problem is that either
> something else happens /after/ loading Preferences.el that overrides my
> binding, or, as I suggested originally, that the key map targeted the
> first time Aquamacs loads Preferences.el is not the "correct" one.

I had a look.  This could happen, e.g., if you change the modifier keys.
This problem pretty much only affects this specific keybinding (and one other one).

I made some changes - try the new version from

http://aquamacs.org/nightlies.shtml
direct link:
	http://jazz.aquamacs.org/~dreitter/Aquamacs/24/Aquamacs-nightly.tar.bz2

Let me know if that helps.