[OS X Emacs] Touch-bar?

Juergen Fenn jfenn at gmx.net
Tue Nov 22 15:48:17 EST 2016

> Am 22.11.2016 um 21:00 schrieb macosx-emacs-request at email.esm.psu.edu:
>
> That?s a fair suggestion, but how are you going to like Emacs without a Meta key?

David, I use Aquamacs as explained in  <https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacsCompatibilitySettings>:

 (setq
        ns-command-modifier 'meta
; Apple/Command key is Meta

 	ns-alternate-modifier nil
; Option is the Mac Option key

 	ns-use-mac-modifier-symbols  nil
; display standard Emacs (and not standard Mac) modifier symbols)

 	)

I understand, though, that you pursue a different approach, trying to make Emacs a more Apple-like application. ;) But key-mapping is a quite different topic. The Touch Bar may be there, but it should not alter the way we use Emacs because such an interface would definitely make Emacs a less efficient tool for editing. Maybe you'll have to emulate the ESC function from within Aquamacs...

Best,
Jürgen.y