[OS X Emacs] odd msg when LaTeX-ing

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Wed Jul 26 21:10:49 EDT 2017

Hi.

Using Aquamacs 3.3, I'm LaTeX-ing the attached file hello.tex.
I'm using a non-customized Aquamacs (courtesy of Help->Diagnose...).

I run C-c C-c, and the minibuffer says
	Command (default LaTeX):
I hit return, and the minibuffer says
	LaTeX: problems after {1} page
A second C-c C-c, and the minibuffer once again says
	Command (default LaTeX):
and the cycle repeats.

However, if I reply "View" to the minibuffer prompt, the document shows up just fine.

Moreover:

(1) There's nothing obviously wrong in hello.log, and hello.aux contains "\relax".
(2) The *Messages* buffer doesn't show anything obviously wrong.
(3) If I typeset the document with TeXShop, there are no error or warning msgs.
(4) If I typeset the document from the command line (pdflatex hello), there are no error or warning msgs.

Thoughts?

Art Werschulz
agw at comcast.net