[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Meta key

Stephen Anderson sra at yale.edu
Tue Mar 14 16:18:25 EDT 2017

I’m quite used to the “option-as-meta” way of life, but on the other hand I also need the option key to get special characters on the Mac keyboard.  Aquamacs provides a straightforward way of having my cake while eating it: I have the right alt modifier (the right option key) customized as “No modifier” while the left alt modifier is customized as Meta.  You have to dig around a little in the emacs customization buffers to find this, but it works fine.

--

Steve Anderson