[OS X Emacs] Where do I put a file of my customizations (newbie)

Arjay rjlilko at randing.ca
Wed Aug 8 08:44:26 EDT 2018

High Sierra/Mac Air:

I am just switching over from PC to Mac emacs and I am trying to add a customization file “myconfig.el” to be called by Aquamacs. However I am a bit lost in the Mac file system and don’t know where I can put this or in which file I can put the “(load-file..” call. I have searched for site-start.el but it does not come up (this is a new installation). Can someone give me a tip as to what directories I should look in and whether I am supposes to create site-start.el and where it should go? I checked the fax and wiki but did not find my answer. Too simple I think. Thanks