[OS X Emacs] MELPA on aquamacs?

Alan Hoyle alan at alanhoyle.com
Mon Dec 3 17:22:57 EST 2018

Hey all,

Per my previous email, I deleted my aquamacs config, and it no longer
crashes at startup.  However, I want to reinstall the yaml-mode and
cwl-mode and I thought I'd try doing that with the package-install and
hopefully use the MELPA archive.

I added the following to my Preferences.el (included in its entirety below):

;; Melpa
> (require 'package)
> (add-to-list 'package-archives
>              '("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/") t)
> (package-initialize)

But when I try to run M-x package-list-packages, it consistently gives me
the following error messages:

Opening TLS connection to ‘stable.melpa.org’...
> Opening TLS connection with ‘gnutls-cli --x509cafile nil -p 443
> stable.melpa.org’...failed
> Opening TLS connection with ‘gnutls-cli --x509cafile nil -p 443
> stable.melpa.org --protocols ssl3’...failed
> Opening TLS connection to ‘stable.melpa.org’...failed
> Failed to download ‘melpa-stable’ archive.
> Opening TLS connection to ‘melpa.org’...
> Opening TLS connection with ‘gnutls-cli --x509cafile nil -p 443 melpa.org
> ’...failed
> Opening TLS connection with ‘gnutls-cli --x509cafile nil -p 443 melpa.org
> --protocols ssl3’...failed
> Opening TLS connection to ‘melpa.org’...failed
> Failed to download ‘melpa’ archive.
> Package refresh done

and it doesn't ever seem to be hitting the milkbox.net site at all.

The only things listed in my packages-list are from the gnu archive.

Any suggestions?  It doesn't seem to be loading melpa.org, nor does it seem
to hit milkbox at all.

--
  -  Alan Hoyle  -  alan at alanhoyle.com  -  http://www.alanhoyle.com/  -