[OS X Emacs] MELPA on aquamacs?

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Wed Dec 5 21:44:02 EST 2018

Hi, Alan.

This is an unfortunate collision of changes in MELPA, the main Emacs code, and what ships on Mac OS.

The easiest thing if you happen to use Home-brew is to install gnutls:

brew install gnutls

and then add the following to your Emacs configuration:

(with-eval-after-load 'tls
  (push "/private/etc/ssl/cert.pem" gnutls-trustfiles))

There is a long discussion in the Aquamacs GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/davidswelt/aquamacs-emacs/issues/133, but most of it is about how to fix the Aquamacs distribution.

If you aren’t using Homebrew, or if you want to know more about what went wrong, feel free to ask.

Best,

Win