[OS X Emacs] command line

Stephen Anderson sra.linguist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:40:00 EST 2019

Would it be possible to get more information on the command line invocation of Aquamacs? I ask because I use Aquamacs as an external editor for LaTeX files with TexShop as a viewer, and the latest version of TexShop has begun to make synchronization with external editors possible.  This involves writing a simple shell script that invokes the editor in question on the file being previewed in TexShop at the relevant line. For example, it is suggested that the relevant file for bbedit integration would be

> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/local/bin/bbedit "$2:$1”

For TextMate, the equivalent would be

> #!/bin/tcsh
>      set path= ($path /Library/TeX/texbin /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
>      /usr/local/bin/mate --line $1 $2

or (for /bin/sh) with provision for spaces in file names,

> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	/usr/local/bin/mate --line "$1" "$2”

The point is that this functionality seems to be provided if the command-line version of the editor allows arguments to specify a file and a line in that file. What arguments does the command-line version of Aquamacs allow? Unfortunately, installing the tool does not also install a man entry for it, and I can’t find the answer in the Aquamacs manual itself.

Thanks,

--

Stephen R. Anderson
Dorothy R. Diebold Professor of Linguistics, Emeritus