[OS X Emacs] command line

William Slough wslough at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:46:14 EST 2019

I tried this:

  > aquamacs -version

and was greeted with the following error message shown below. Perhaps this
is enough information to answer your question? I have not updated my
aquamacs in quite some time, so perhaps the options are somewhat different
in a more modern version.

Bill Slough

open: invalid option -- r

Usage: open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-W] [-R] [-n] [-g] [-h] [-s <partial SDK
name>][-b <bundle identifier>] [-a <application>] [filenames] [--args
arguments]

Help: Open opens files from a shell.

      By default, opens each file using the default application for that
file.

      If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a URL.

      -a                Opens with the specified application.

      -b                Opens with the specified application bundle
identifier.

      -e                Opens with TextEdit.

      -t                Opens with default text editor.

      -f                Reads input from standard input and opens with
TextEdit.

      -F  --fresh       Launches the app fresh, that is, without restoring
windows. Saved persistent state is lost, excluding Untitled documents.

      -R, --reveal      Selects in the Finder instead of opening.

      -W, --wait-apps   Blocks until the used applications are closed (even
if they were already running).

          --args        All remaining arguments are passed in argv to the
application's main() function instead of opened.

      -n, --new         Open a new instance of the application even if one
is already running.

      -j, --hide        Launches the app hidden.

      -g, --background  Does not bring the application to the foreground.

      -h, --header      Searches header file locations for headers matching
the given filenames, and opens them.

      -s                For -h, the SDK to use; if supplied, only SDKs
whose names contain the argument value are searched.

                        Otherwise the highest versioned SDK in each
platform is used.