[OS X Emacs] Delay opening HTML files from a shell

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 08:47:25 EDT 2019

Michael,

In addition to trying with the latest build, I suggest you try running Aquamacs without customizations (Help->Diagnose menu).

If that doesn’t make a difference:  there is a database that MacOS consults to find the right application (Does
"open -a Aquamacs.app file.txt" work any faster?)

Sometimes, this command can help by triggering a rebuild of that database:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed -r -f -v -domain local -domain user -domain system

David

PS.: I do not replicate this.  “open x.txt” brings up Aquamacs right away for me.