[OS X Emacs] Problem with key-description in Aquamacs 3.4

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:54:28 EDT 2019

On May 27, 2019, at 4:01 PM, Mark Bestley <gnus at bestley.co.uk> wrote:

> I have come across another package that assumes keyb is the inverse of
> key-description. This is treemacs. It does this to get the keys that
> have been bound to its functions and then displays them in a hydra (a
> menu showing keys and what they do). This does seem to make more sense
> than the slime case.

In that case, shouldn’t key-description work as is?  The package shouldn’t assume a specific set of modifiers, of course.

> Is ns-use-mac-modifier-symbols an Aquamacs specific variable?

Yes.

> If so should keyb be adjusted to accept the nicely formatted key
> description.

Hmm, do you mean key-binding?

I think I agree!  It would be pretty easy to do.

The following functions in keymap.c appear to be responsible:

Flookup_key
Fevent_convert_list
parse_solitary_modifier