[OS X Emacs] Special Aquamacs 3.5 build for 10.11 (El Capitan)

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Mon Nov 11 23:21:48 EST 2019

Aquamacs friends,

As some of you may have noticed, the 3.5 release build can encounter some problems on El Capitan (Mac OS 10.11). This was caused by some problems with the Emacs build process in using the backwards-compatibility features of compiling with Xcode on the Mac.

The new version is available as the “El Capitan Only” build now on http://aquamacs.org.

I’m pretty sure that that it will work OK on El Capitan, but it won’t work on Mojave or Catalina because of Apple’s code signing processes now. So it’s best to use it just for El Capitan if you need it there.

Thanks to Hayo Bean for helping get this sorted out!

Please let me know if you have any problems with the download or with running it. There are aspects of this process I am still learning about from David!

Win Treese
Aquamacs maintainer
treese at acm.org