[OS X Emacs] aquamacs hanging when using skim as previewer

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Tue Nov 12 10:08:30 EST 2019

Using Aquamacs 3.5 andSkim 1.6.4 on macOS Mojave (10.14.6).

After LaTeX-ing a file, I run C-c C-c to view the file.  The minibuffer says
	View command: (lambda() (aquamacs-call-viewer 53 "foo.tex"))
I hit return, and then I get the spinning beach ball.  I eventually wind up doing a Force Quit on Aquamacs.

Just on a whim, I started Skim "by hand" and then restarted Aquamacs, and this problem didn't occur.  So maybe the problem only will arise if I don't have Skim running before I try previewing the PDF file.

Suggestions?

Art Werschulz
agw at comcast.net