[OS X Emacs] Verifying Aquamacs

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:54:25 EDT 2020

Dear Win, and Dear All,

Recently, since about a couple of weeks, sometimes, when I start Aquamacs
(by clicking on its icon on the Dock), I get a small, progress window
[Verifying Aquamac.app], for a minute or so, before it opens a buffer.

This doesn't happen always. I do not understand when this happens and why.
I've been trying restarting the Mac and Aquamacs, but can't see any
regularity. It seems to me that a verification is set to be triggered
periodically, e.g., for checks of versions. What comes to my mind is that
my Mac has become quite full, and thus, this verification goes slowly,
while before it went so quickly that I didn't notice it.

I have Aquamacs 3.5, on macOS Catalina V.10.15.4, on the simplest MacBook
Air 2017, 121 GB.

Best Regards,
Roussanka