[OS X Emacs] Verifying Aquamacs

Arthur E. OGUS ogus at math.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 24 13:48:53 EDT 2020

This morning I again found the following message (in an emacs window) on starting  Aquamacs:

Certificate information
Issued by:          Let's Encrypt Authority X3
Issued to:          CN=aquamacs.org
Hostname:           aquamacs.org
Public key:         RSA, signature: RSA-SHA256
Protocol:           TLS1.2, key: ECDHE-RSA, cipher: AES-128-GCM, mac: AEAD
Security level:     Medium
Valid:              From 2020-04-16 to 2020-07-15

The TLS connection to aquamacs.org:443 is insecure for the following
reasons:

the certificate was signed by an unknown and therefore untrusted authority
certificate could not be verified