[OS X Emacs] Verifying Aquamacs

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Wed Apr 22 22:20:13 EDT 2020

Hi, all. Thanks for the comments. I think we have three probably unrelated things going on:

1. The conversion of the web site probably broke the “Check for updates…” menu item. We’re trying to figure out what the right fix for that is. In the meantime, you should be able to re-download the current version from aquamacs.org; the link there is correct and works.

2. I’m not an expert on this, but I think John’s note about the “[Verifying..]” problem is about the best we know. The good news is that it doesn’t seem to be a common problem for Aquamacs, but it’s unfortunate that it’s getting in Roussanka’s way. Maybe a working re-installation from the site will fix things. Also, I do know that the current version of Aquamacs doesn’t fully satisfy the Catalina signing requirements. I hope to get that done for a 3.6 release. It doesn’t help that the latest version of Xcode won’t build Aquamacs on Catalina; fortunately it still builds on Mojave.

3. Arthur: I think someone else asked about this, but could you describe when you get the certificate failure message? The problem is almost certainly related to the new implementation of the web site, which now has a Let’s Encrypt certificate, but I don’t know what part is trying to validate the certificate chain for it.

Please share anything else you observe or figure out!

 - Win