[OS X Emacs] How to successfully pass MacOS shortcuts out of aquamacs

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 11:56:19 EDT 2020

> On 15 Oct 2020, at 08:27, Sandy C <windoverwater at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When in aquamacs (when aquamacs as focus), pressing CMD-H will successfully hide aquamacs.  CMD-H is the default MacOS keyboard shortcut to hide the current application.  However, pressing CMD-ALT-H results in a "CMD-ALT-H is undefined" in the emacs message window.  CMD-ALT-H is the default MacOS keyboard shortcut to hide all other applications.
>
> Turning off option as meta and repeating results in a "CMD-'" is undefined (though the actual character printed may not be a "'").
>
> How does one tell aquamacs to successfully pass a "CMD-ALT-H" to the OS?  And by extension, how to pass other specific MacOS keyboard shortcuts to the OS?
>
> Thanks much!  Tried googling but not much luck.

Heh! Is it worth the trouble when CMD-TAB from Aquamacs gets you a choice of currently running apps, always including Finder, from which to emit macOS shortcuts?

CMD-c and CMD-v are pretty essential for keeping the macOS clipboard out of the kill ring, and the few CMD-things documented in the Aquamacs Manual should be an adequate subset for most of us.

To keep my muddled old brain from exploding, I try to avoid CMD-anything-else while in Aquamacs. <grin>