[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs status update

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 18:30:50 EDT 2020

> On 28 Oct 2020, at 20:32, John Wroclawski <jtw at csail.mit.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 28, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we should have two new default themes following Apple's light and dark distinction?
>
> FWIW I notice there’s an issue from a couple of years ago in the GitHub tracker to implement dark mode, so conceptually in the pipeline at some point. But it's a little different than just two themes - depending on how AQM implements various UI elements, either Apple has already done most of the work for you, or it’s way complex. I mention this just in case "way complex” turns out to apply and no one can get to it for 6 or 7 years :)..

I found it pretty easy to mess with the appearance options of Aquamacs so that I had excellent light mode for LaTeX editing where I share the screen with the pdf of the document I'm creating, and dark-ish for pretty much all else.

I'd love to help any way I can. For the documentation update, I assume you'd prefer to leave it as an Info thing, just make stuff clearer? Is there any desire to get the wiki up to date? Is there any desire to produce a pdf book in the style of the Emacs manual with a focus on Aquamacs and macOS differences? I could put my LaTeX blundering to good use there. <grin>

Elliott Roper