[OS X Emacs] pop-to-buffer error

Devin Caughey devin.caughey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:04:17 EST 2021

Hello,

For some months now I have been encountering an error every time I try to evaluate an ESS buffer without an R buffer already running -- for example, by running `ess-eval-line-and-step`. When I do this, I get the following error (after selecting the working directory): "pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil". This error does not occur if I run vanilla Aquamacs with no customizations. It also does not seem to be caused by what is in my customizations.el or Preferences.el files, since the error does not appear after I evaluate these files in vanilla Aquamacs. Rather, my best guess is that it has something to do with the plugins loaded when Aquamacs starts up normally rather than in vanilla mode. I've updated all my packages but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks!
Devin

p.s. I am running Aquamacs 3.5 on MacOS 12.0.1.