[OS X Emacs] Getting etags working

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 16:16:31 EST 2021

> On 5 Feb 2021, at 19:03, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:
>

>> Am 5.2.2021 um 16:53 schrieb Elliott Roper <elliott at yrl.co.uk>:
>>
>> Is it safe to option drag it into my $PATH somewhere?
>
> No. It's possible that your etags binary from today will become incompatible with a future release – of either Aquamacs or macOS. It's simpler and safer to add the path to etags to your PATH environment variable.

Ha! I never thought of twisting it around that way.

It works a treat (after sorting out all the rubbish advice on stack exchange)

It is really  ~/.zshrc you have create and add this:

export PATH=$PATH:/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin

to it.

Now I can get into the meaty stuff of creating the TAGS data I need.

Thanks so much!

Elliott Roper
+44 7454 402200 mobile, facetime
01663 747334 UK landline