[OS X Emacs] Configuration for coexisting Emacs apps

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Tue Jun 8 17:09:20 EDT 2021

Dear All,

I have been using Aquamacs for many many years.  Recently, I started playing with Yamamoto Mitsuharu’s Emacs-Mac app, which is based on Emacs 27 and has a nice—but different— integration with MacOS  (I started using it after it was mentioned in David Reitter parting message to this list as maintainer).

Aquamacs still reads .emacs, which in turn is Emacs-mac.app primary configuration vehicle. Is there a way to have Aquamacs ignore sections of .emacs or ignore it altogether, so that the two applications can stay isolated and not step on each others toes?

I know that configuration issues for multiple coexisting versions of emacs must have been discussed, but searching did not produce anything specific.

Thanks,
—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *   http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu