[OS X Emacs] Configuration for coexisting Emacs apps

Braun, Michael braunm at mail.smu.edu
Tue Jun 8 18:10:39 EDT 2021

In my ~/.emacs file, I have only the following:

(unless (featurep 'aquamacs)
 (load-file "~/Dropbox/emacs/Preferences.el”))  ;; which is linked from ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs

That way, emacs-mac loads my preferences if it needs to, and Aquamacs loads the file only once. I guess I could put emacs-mac-only code there, too.

At the top of my Preferences.el, I have

(setq emacsd-dir "~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/")
 (add-to-list 'load-path (concat emacsd-dir "Packages/lisp/"))
(setq custom-file "~/Dropbox/emacs/customizations.el”)

I can’t remember exactly why.  Maybe it’s so emacs-mac can find everything.