[OS X Emacs] Issue with Emacs auctex-mode

Marc Shapiro -- at work marc.shapiro at acm.org
Fri Aug 12 09:28:35 EDT 2022

Hi, I have the following issue.  Under auctex-mode, saving the file (C-x C-s) causes an error
	save-as-mac-text: Wrong number of arguments: (3 . 3), 6

The backtrace is the following:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 3) 6)
  start-process-shell-command("save-mac-text" nil "/Developer/Tools/SetFile" "-t" "TEXT" "/tmp/bidon.tex")
  save-as-mac-text()
  run-hooks(after-save-hook)
  basic-save-buffer(nil)
  real-save-buffer(1)
  save-buffer(1)
  funcall-interactively(save-buffer 1)
  call-interactively(save-buffer nil nil)
  command-execute(save-buffer)

The version of Emacs is “GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0, NS appkit-1404.47 Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G22010)) of 2022-05-11” recently downloaded from https://emacsformacosx.com.

I didn’t have the problem in my previous installation.

The problem does not show up under “Emacs -q”, but in that case auctex is not loaded, so that’s not too helpful.   If I manually comment out my own latex/auctex customisations in .emacs, the problem is still there (but who knows, maybe I forgot something).

Any suggestions?

						Marc