[OS X Emacs] Issue with Emacs auctex-mode (Win Treese)

Marc Shapiro -- at work marc.shapiro at acm.org
Sun Aug 14 08:06:17 EDT 2022

> From: Win Treese <treese at acm.org>
> Subject: Re: [OS X Emacs] Issue with Emacs auctex-mode
>
> The immediate problem from the backtrace seems to be the function save-as-mac-text,
> which I?ve not seen before. Is it something in your personal configuration? […]

Thanks Win for the helpful remark.  Indeed, the hook was set in “macos_modes.el”, which seems to be a left-over from an older version of Emacs that needed adaptors for MacOS.  I removed this file and I don’t have the error any more.

I should have thought of it myself, but I had hidden (from myself) the relevant call in a remote corner of my .emacs file hierarchy.

							Marc