[OS X Emacs] Symbol’s function definition is void: LaTeX-extract-key-value-label

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:33:12 EDT 2022

Hi Win,

It seems that I've pinpointed where it comes from: but I do not know
how that can be fixed, see below:

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 2:32 AM Win Treese <treese at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi, Roussanka. This is definitely odd.
>
> If you restart Aquamacs, does it happen again?

This happens persistently, again and again, each time I open a
specific .tex file (e.g. example-listings.tex), which uses various
LaTeX styles and macros. The culprit is the package {listings}:

\usepackage{listings}

If I restart Aquamacs with another file, which doesn't load
{listings}, this message doesn't appear in the minibuffer nor in the
buffer *Messages*.

> I wonder if it might happen after startup if you haven’t
> opened a LaTeX file yet, and the LaTeX mode code hasn’t
> loaded.

Whenever I try to open the specific file (example-listings.tex), for
the 1st time,

- immediately as the 1st file after restarting Aquamacs
- or after other files

= the file doesn't load in the file buffer
= the minibuffer shows the message:
Symbol’s function definition is void: LaTeX-extract-key-value-label
It is also in the *Messages*
= Without quitting Aquamacs, a 2nd attempt to open again that file
(example-listings.tex)  loads it and latex-ing is ok
=  Without quitting Aquamacs, closing and opening this files goes
without repeating the message (because the package had been already
accessed)

Below is the copy paste of the portion of the buffer *Messages*, which
shows when the above message comes up.

I also wonder why I get the message for the file-error, it shows
whenever I start up Aquamacs, before opening any file.

====
file-error: (Opening directory No such file or directory
/Users/Me/Library/Logs/CrashReporter)
Mark set [5 times]
Aquamacs is based on GNU Emacs, a part of the GNU/Linux system. It is
Free Software: you can improve and redistribute it under the GNU
General Public License, version 3 or later. (C) 2019
Free Software Foundation, and D. Reitter. No Warranty.
No connection file
"/var/folders/c8/1k7psl953xzf16srpv2q77hm0000gs/T/emacs505/server"
Automatic display of crossref information was turned on
Applying style hooks...
byte-code: Symbol’s function definition is void: LaTeX-extract-key-value-label
<wheel-right> is undefined [2 times]
Mark activated
Mark set

====