[Mac OS X TeX] Text Editor, spell checker, and TeX engine interoperability

Johann Beda j-beda at pobox.com
Thu Aug 30 09:40:57 EDT 2001

On 2001/08/29, at 10:11 AM -0400, Rick Zaccone wrote:
>It seems that Apple itself might be moving away from Word Services.
>Versions of AppleWorks before version 6.0 supported it, but they have
>since removed it!

	I thought that there was some sort of generalized services ability
tightly integrated into NeXT and now with OS X available for Cocoa
applications - beyond just word services?  I don't have OS X booted
currently, but isn't this how OS X Mail and other Cocoa programs doe spell
checking?  I thought that these services were planned on being available
for Carbon applications in some future system update as well.

	Has there been any souped up OS X spell checker transferred from
old NeXT code?

--
* johann beda   <XNSName: =j-beda> <http://pobox.com/~j-beda/>   *

"help" (no quotes) in the body.