[Mac OS X TeX] Carbonized Alpha text-editor needed!

Lorenz Szabo lorenzszabo at mac.com
Tue Dec 18 12:05:45 EST 2001

On 2001-12-18 4:42 PM, "Jon Guyer" <jguyer at his.com> wrote:

> At 10:16 AM +0100 12/18/01, Lorenz Szabo wrote:
>
>> And would it be really that hard to port Alpha to OS X, as someone stated on
>> the OzTeX mailing-list?
>
> No, not at all. We're just a bunch of lazy idiots. Thanks for asking.

Please don't get me wrong: My posting was not intended as a complaint about
the speed of porting. My question was asked in a friendly &
technically-interested manner and Mr. Guyer I'm sorry for not knowing how to
develop software and for not knowing all the technical differences between
Carbon, Classic, and so on ...

(It took Wolfram Research -- with a lot of resources, brain power, and cash
-- approximately two years to port Mathematica to OS X and no serious user
complained about that.)

- Lorenz

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.