[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and ubuild

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Dec 2 08:49:59 EST 2001

Hi

I have mentioned before the package u-build from www.utopiatype.com.au.  This
is a `post-processor' for inserting links, transitions and lines that
appear when you click in pdf files.  You can see examples on their
web site.  There are lots of packages available of this type (PPower 4,
Texpower, pdfslide etc).  u-build costs about $30 Australian.
I find it easy to use and the
author, David Wilson, is very responsive to requests for help.

Awhile ago, with help from Gerben Wierda and Tom Kiffe I wrote
a script to automate using u-build with TeXShop.  Actually
`I wrote' is a gross exaggeration -  Tom wrote me a script and I managed
to paste it onto the bottom of one of Gerben's :-).  Gerben
then very kindly offered to build this kind of functionality
into his latest teTeX release.  So now if you run  the command

altpdflatex --distiller u-psbuild  file.tex

in Terminal  what will appear at the end is the file
file.pdf which has been processed by u-build to contain
all the links and transitions etc that you have asked for.
Assuming of course you own u-build.

You can achieve the same result in TeXShop by writing a personal script
containing this single line and telling TeXShop in the preferences where to
find it.

A minor caveat: If you are using fink or have otherwise messed with
your .cshrc you will need the latest copies of u-psbuild and altpdflatex
which Gerben has just announced.

If anyone is trying to use u-build and wants help with any of the above
give me a e-yell.

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt