[Mac OS X TeX] mathtime

Ingo Reich ingo.reich at uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Dec 2 11:16:16 EST 2001

O.k., thanks to Michel I got mathtime 1.1 to work with pdflatex. The
only thing I had to do was to substitute "mtsy" for  "MTSY" in his
`my2mtt.fd'. All in all, to use mathtime 1.1 with TexShop + teTeX

1. create from the type1 fonts pfb-fonts (same name, but lowercase)
2. put these into your home texmf-folder
"texmf/fonts/type1/yandy/mathtime/"
3. put the following file into your home texmf-folder
"texmf/tex/latex/mathtime/"

%%
%% This is file `my2mtt.fd',
%% generated with the docstrip utility.
%%
%% The original source files were:
%%
%% mtfonts.fdd  (with options: `MY2mtt,')
%%
%% Copyright 1996 1997 Frank Mittelbach and David Carlisle.
%%
%% Development of this package was commissioned by Y&Y Inc.
%% http://www.yandy.com
\ProvidesFile{my2mtt.fd}
  [1997/03/14 v1.0c
  Mathtime Encoding 2
   (FMi)]
\DeclareFontFamily{MY2}{mtt}{\skewchar\font48}
\DeclareFontShape{MY2}{mtt}{m}{n}{<->mtsy}{}
\endinput
%%
%% End of file `my2mtt.fd'.

This works fine, at least for me, along the pdflatex-route.

Concerning the Tex-Ghostscript-route there's still some trouble not with
the mathsymbols but with the 'usual' Times font -- some Uppercase
letters, numbers, and brackets do not appear on the correctly on screen.

Ingo