[Mac OS X TeX] teTeX-beta20011202.dmg

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Dec 12 14:06:47 EST 2001

It has come to my attention that there is a new teTeX beta relase, both
for the binaries and for the texmf tree. I have updated my system and
created a new installer.

This distribution has beta status, also for me. I have not checked if
the new beta texmf tree from teTeX has the right and latest versions of
everything I had updated in my tree. However, a short inspection seems
to suggest it is up to date. I found only one small bug in the tree
which I have repaired.

Request: I would like to see some people testing this release with their
normal operations and mail me if anything does not work (while it did
work in the previous release).

You can download the new release from:

	ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/teTeX-beta20011202.dmg

NOTE: This installer removes old stuff (read the README). The old
installers just updated and never removed anything. As a result, if you
install this release and you decide you want to go back to the previous
release, first remove
	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf
	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.macosx
	/usr/local/teTeX/bin
and then re-install the older release. Otherwise, you will have a fuzzy
new/old distribution on your system.

TEXSHOP USERS: The preferred path (preference setting) for TeX is
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current. Older preferences may
contain numbered directories here (e.g. darwin1.3.3). Please update your
preferences if this is the case. The 'current' setting works for all my
distributions.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.