[Mac OS X TeX] Re: TeX fonts and Illustrator 10

Alessio Guglielmi Alessio.Guglielmi at Inf.TU-Dresden.DE
Wed Dec 26 15:05:02 EST 2001

>Subject: Re: TeX fonts and Illustrator 10
>From: "Jacques Distler" <distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu>
>Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 12:49:06 -0600
>
>On Friday, December 21, 2001, "Alessio Guglielmi"
><Alessio.Guglielmi at Inf.TU-Dresden.DE> wrote:
>
>>  I know that there are problems in making Illustrator work with TeX
>>  Type 1 fonts. I wasn't able to find a solution, though.
>>
>>  The problem is simply stated, I have working Type 1 Computer Modern
>>  fonts installed in Mac OS X, they work everywhere else, but
>  > Illustrator 10 is unable to import EPS files and show the fonts.
>
>  Turns out the solution is to download
>
>      <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/fonts/TeX-Illustrator.sit>
>
>  and install the folder TeX-Illustrator as
>
>      "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts/TeX-Illustrator"
>
>  Illustrator then happily opens PDF files created by TeXShop, and one can
>  manipulate the contents at will.

Hi,

thanks for answering, but, for some reason, it doesn't work for me.
Still am not able to get a correct output: many glyphs are just wrong
with PDF files, and I can't work at all with EPS files (fonts
missing).

Maybe I can just state my problem: I produce EPS files with dvips,
and I want to get from them PICT files (to be used as a preview in
Tom Kiffe's macdvi). I know how to do this with Photoshop, with
raster previews, but I'd like to do the same with vector previews,
and this is why I was considering Illustrator.

Ideas?

-Alessio
--

Alessio Guglielmi, PhD
Department of Computer Science - Dresden University of Technology

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.