[Mac OS X TeX] File Types and Creators

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Thu Dec 6 06:40:57 EST 2001

on 12/6/01 5:34 PM, Benji Fisher at benji at e-math.AMS.org wrote:

> Find the file in Finder, and choose "Show Info" from the File menu.  (If
> you are a keyboard junkie, like me, use Cmd-I.)  Choose "Open with
> application" from the pull-down list, and there is an option to use your
> favorite application for all files having the same extension.
>
> HTH     --Benji Fisher

Thanks. That will help, I hope. However: I actually do NOT want to open ALL
files with a certain extension (say html) in one app, but all files of one
file type (say text) ... these need not coincide ...

Just out of interest: where do I find the preference file or whatever for
this system-wide behaviour.

Holger

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.