[Mac OS X TeX] Scientific Assistant's teTeX vs. GW's?

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Dec 4 03:35:56 EST 2001

On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 02:59 , Alexandre Enkerli wrote:

> Anyone knows if Scientific Assistant's version of teTeX conflicts with
> Gerben Wierda's?

When you use TeXShop and you run your typesetting from TeXShop (1.13c)
you are pretty much protected against all other distributions if you use
the default path settings in Preferences.

If you run from the command line, it depends on your PATH settings and
other TeX-related environment variables. You can make my teTeX preferred
in the PATH by adding the line

	setenv PATH "/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:${PATH}"

at the end of your ~/.login file. If you want to make sure the
ghostscript installed from TeXGSInstaller is used, add instead the
following line:

	setenv PATH "/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
current:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}"

With respect to other environment variables, teTeX does not need any,
but those that are available may interfere by directing teTeX to other
than default locations or set other than default settings.

As far as I know, the only distribution that has ever conflicted with my
distribution is fink, because it forces itself at the start of the path.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.