[Mac OS X TeX] opening .tex files under OS X?

Christian Swinehart cswinehart at mac.com
Thu Jun 21 20:48:16 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>On Thursday, June 21, 2001, at 11:50 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> There used to be Classic utilities allowing to change the type/ creator
> fields of groups of files and folders, sometimes it was even possible
> to apply the change only to a selection of files within these groups,
> based on search criteria.

There are two command line tools for reading and setting Creator/Type
codes that are included with the developer tools: GetFileInfo and
SetFile.

For example if you wanted to set the file dissertation.tex to open with
BBEdit, type:
      /Developer/Tools/SetFile -c "R*ch" -t "TEXT" dissertation.tex
where the "-c" and "-t" are the switches for creator and type
respectively.

I forget whether you "clear" the fields by setting them to "????" or "".
In any case, you can at least batch apply the changes to whichever files
you want to change (e.g., *.tex).

Christian

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.